Blog: Garden Party
Whether it’s a lazy fortnight surrounded by ocean waves and sipping cocktails on the beach or a city break indulging in culture and culinary delights, our summer holiday is often the highlight of our year.
But summer lasts longer than two weeks abroad so how do we make the best of our time at home?
We don’t want to start off with a negative but let’s face it, our weather is not something we can rely on – and that’s why we’re transforming our iconic courtyard into a sanctuary.
With grass, blossom trees and ivy-covered archways you’ll be able to immerse yourself in sumptuous surroundings and enjoy a host of fashion focused events and delicious food.
If you are inspired by our sanctuary, why not host a garden party of your own for friends and family, as there’s no better way to enjoy the outdoors.
Here are our top tips to make your summer soiree a success:
- Once you’ve decided on a date is to keep an eye on the most reliable weather app and if rain is suddenly predicted don’t panic! There are lots of affordable pop-up gazebos and tents that you can quickly purchase to ensure your guests stay dry
- We enjoy our fair share of light nights in Scotland but if your party carries on until the wee hours, have some handy lighting nearby. Lanterns, string lights and candles placed in hurricane glasses can all create a cosy vibe. Check out Shearer Candles for inspiration
- At PS….HQ we always approve of dancing but your guests at some point throughout the evening will want to give their feet a rest. No one will care if your décor matches so dig out your festival camping seats, deck chairs and leather dining seating, throw some blankets and large cushions on the ground and you’ll have ample seating
- You want your guests to have fun right? Well the key to any party apart from good company is plenty of food and drink. Instantly we think of bbq’s when we mention garden parties and that is definitely one option that always works well. But sharing platters, finger food, bowls of pasta, fresh salads and plenty of nibbles and appetizers will also be a hit
- To maintain the summer party vibe serve cool, fruity cocktails in jugs and pitchers. Ensure there is an ice bucket filled with bottled beers and even the odd cheeky bottle of Prosecco. And remember, not everyone will be drinking alcohol so have cool, refreshing mocktails on offer so your tee-total guests aren’t stuck with soft drinks and water all night.
If you like the sound of this but don’t have access to a garden or don’t have the time to organise it yourself, our Secret Sanctuary runs from 5th to 13th of August.
You’ll also be able to see the hottest looks for summer from some of our leading brands, such as Ted Baker, Kurt Geiger and Reiss when roaming fashion shows take place on Saturday 5th and 12th.
For more information about our Summer Sanctuary at Princes Square visit www.princessquare.co.uk or follow us on social media @PrincesSquare