SASSOONS CHRISTMAS PARTY HAIR TIPS
It’s December which means it’s officially party season! If you’re anything like us here at PS….HQ your diary for this month is packed with office parties, festive lunches, cocktail catch ups and family get-togethers.
With glittering lights adorning our streets, frost in the air and fabulous decorations at home, at work and in shops, there is glamour everywhere we turn. And while we may have our outfits organised, our hair however is another matter! test
There is just not enough time to pop into a salon each time we have plans this month so we spoke to Natalie Hinton, Creative Director of Sassoon Glasgow, right here at Princes Square and asked her for her top tips for the perfect festive looks.
- Keeping your hair loose and playful is usually associated with festivals, but it’s also a great style to adopt during the Christmas season. It’s easy to manage yet looks fantastic. X-Men actress Olivia Munn slays this style, showing us exactly how it can look natural as well as fashionable and fabulous.
- Christmas is a time for glitz and sophistication. Think old Hollywood glamour with soft curls loosely pinned back off the face. This is perfect for parties held in grand surroundings with lush ballrooms and indulgent meals. Check out Gossip Girl’s Blake Lively to see how this style can retain its allure yet look modern.
- Sparkles and glitter are everywhere so why not join in and add some bling to your hair! This is a quick way to update your day look into night when there is just no time to nip home for a refresh. This sparkly gold accessory worn by Grammy nominated artist Janelle Monae is the perfect example of how some shine and glimmer can instantly transform your hair for a party.
- We all want to be more like Beyoncé right? So while we might not have her incomparable voice, lifestyle, money or influence, we can copy one of her favourite hairstyles. The braided crown isn’t just for wedding days – it draws the eye around the face to accentuate your best features and is ideal for champagne lunches, cocktails with the girls or family dinners. You don’t need to accessorise with a flower like Queen Bey has but seeing as red is the colour of Christmas, why not try it!
- Perhaps the easiest look of all, the low ponytail might be quick to achieve but it’s definitely not lazy. It’s sleek, polished and a great way to take your look from your desk to the office party in no time at all. Glee star Lea Michele demonstrates how this look is timeless, dramatic and definitely celebration worthy!
Share your Christmas party hairstyles with us on our social media channels @princessquare or let us know which look is your favourite!