PRINCES SQUARE SHOPPING CENTRE
Princes Square’s Environmental Management System (EMS) describes our strategy for managing our environmental aspects and lays down the foundation for continual improvement. This EMS sets out our vision, objectives and priorities for effectively managing our environmental obligations. Following these policies ensures that Princes Square Shopping Centre fulfils its responsibility to our client, stakeholders, occupiers, local community and future generations through the protection of the environment and also ensures our statutory compliance.
SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
Princes Square Shopping Centre comprises a mix of retail and restaurant units, showcased over 5 levels under a glass ceiling and built around a central courtyard space, located in central Glasgow.
The Management Team at Princes Square recognises that our business activities and services have both direct and indirect impacts upon the environment. Our policy is to minimise these impacts, prevent pollution, reduce energy consumption, reduce waste, comply with our legal obligations and to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Promote environmental initiatives, and best practice
- Comply with legislation
- Comply with SEPA Pollution Prevention Guidelines
- Reduce energy consumption
- Minimise wastage
- Improve and increase recycling; our target is ‘zero to landfill’
- Engage with environmentally responsible suppliers and contractors
- Encourage community engagement
- Legal compliance
- Client requirements
- Cost control
- Pollution prevention
- Maintain ISO14001 certification